Sunday, May 5, 2019

It's not easy leaving Wisconsin in May

It's not easy leaving Wisconsin in May when the weather is nice. Oh, how quick we forget that it can change in a minute. Just a few weeks ago we had a snow storm.  However, when the angle of the sun becomes more direct, it lures us into soaking up it's rays,  the grass that was brown yesterday, somehow has turned green almost overnight, the birds who left last fall, return out of nowhere, looking for their feeding stations, and the fruit trees are bursting with their sweet blossoms, calling whoever can't resist their aroma.  I too admit to be under this "Spring Spell."  I swear my flowers know I am anxious to see them because one day they are nowhere to be found, then miraculously the next time I look....they have popped up! I guess I just have to think about how big everything will be when we return in 6 weeks.  I don't know if Bill will be as thrilled with the tall grass as I will be with my tall flowers. 
Hummingbirds have returned


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers