Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Caught in Cody (Day 4)

Rain, rain, rain, along with cold, cold, cold today.  Decided to spend another day in Cody because there was snow at higher elevations and very foggy.  It's warmer in Wisconsin and Alaska than it is here!  That's okay because it gave us some more time to see what's in Cody.  Happened to go a free museum which turned out to be a great place!  It was the work and collection of a man that ran a western/gift store.  The miniature model of the story of the West was phenomenal!  His artifact collection was unbelievable!  So glad we didn't pass up this attraction and the price was right.   


The weather also gave me time to do some laundry at the campground.  Even doing laundry was pleasant because my kids gave me a Kindle for Mother's Day and I could read while I sat there and waited.  So...the bad weather today didn't really make for a bad day, enjoyed a day of relaxation.  Tomorrow...off to Yellowstone
and it's beauty.

2 comments:

  1. So happy that you guys are enjoying your trip. Would have loved to see a video of Sue getting on the horse, or Bill laughing at the thought of videoing it. Drive safe and keep taking the pictures and writing your comments.
    Question: when you said you were washing your laundry, were you doing so on a rock? Real campers wash their laundry on a rock in the river.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....and I thought I was a camper for the past 40 some years! :-) I'm a liberated camper from the 70's. Oh yes...Bill enjoyed the show of me getting on that horse, glad it was only for his eyes to see!

    ReplyDelete

Followers