Monday, May 9, 2011

Wild in Wyoming (Day 3)

Ended up in Cody, Wyoming and decided to camp at the Ponderosa....which again has all the amenities and wi-fi...oh camping is rough these days. I think back of our early days of camping from sleeping in the back of a station wagon, to a tent, to the back of a truck, to a truck camper, to a pop-up, to finally the comforts of a motor home. They were all fun; but as we get older the motor home makes life a lot easier (especially if it's raining like it is right now) In Cody there is a wonderful museum on the Wild West and the life of Buffalo Bill Cody. Definitely worth visiting.

Quite a bit of snow when we got up to 10,000 ft. Tomorrow they tell us to check to see what passes are open on the way to Yellowstone Park...some are still closed. Suppose to get some snow tonight in the mountains; but nothing that's going to cause problems, I hope. Otherwise... my foot will be pushing that imaginary break again and my eyes closed on the curves and 6% downhill grades. I have to say I have gotten better over the years. On our honeymoon, we were on the Continental Divide and I made Bill stop the car so I could get out as he turned the car around. Now at least I stay in the car, even though I'm sure Bill would prefer I get out sometimes. :-) So....I have learned to keep my eyes closed...along with my mouth :-)







Can't visit Wyoming without riding a horse. Bill said he wished he had the video running while I was trying to get on and off this horse. However, since I'm the one that is writing this blog...I definitely would have censored that embarrassing clip. It's been about 20 years since I have ridden a horse, I'm just glad this one wasn't moving! This is about as wild as it gets.
 "HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU!"













2 comments:

  1. Mom, you look like a real cowgirl on that there horse! I remember that museum--I'm sure I complained as a teenager going in there, but now i remember nothing but good things about it. The mountains look amazing! I wish I was there. Miss you both already! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I remember all of our kids being thrilled to death going to these historical things as teenagers. However...knowing that we were smarter than you kids, at that point, that someday you would be grateful. Parents just have to be patient because sometime those rewards take twenty years in coming. You are welcome kids :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers