Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hangin' Out At the Campground (Day 13)

Today was kind of a down day for us....I don't mean downer of a day, just a day to get things down and pack for the 3-day ferry ride to Alaska.  The campground we stayed at was a nice,clean place with lots of friendly people from somewhere and on their way to somewhere else.  Interesting to hear their stories. 

This is Jack...he was the welcoming committee at the campground.

Our camping neighbors were from Florida.  They are heading to Fairbanks, Alaska to see their grandchildren and spend the summer there.  They have been at this campground for two weeks waiting for their passports to arrive because they need them to go through Canada on their way to Fairbanks.  Sounds like they live in their motor home because they said they will need to look for a winter home after Alaska.  I don't know if I could live my life in a motor home and wake up to new neighbors all the time. 

So we hung around the campground and did those things that still need to be done, even when you're on vacation.  Laundry was one of them..........
Someone forgot their clothes...not my size :-(


Our motor home has a shower; but 6 gallons of hot water doesn't last very long.....so a nice clean shower room is a welcome site for a 10-minute shower girl!  Ahhhhh...the comforts we take for granted.
There is now a black pin marking that someone from Tomah, Wisconsin has stayed at this campground.


Bill is checking out our route and making sure that we are heading the right direction, while Sue is finishing up...
the free buffalo wings from the campground luncheon.  Yummmmmm! 
Just in case I am sea-sick on the ferry tomorrow and can't eat :-)   

2 comments:

  1. It looks like the two of you chill out pretty good! It also looks like you left an awful lot of meat on those wings. Come on sister, do me proud : ) I didn't realize you would be on the ship only 3 days. Hope you see some killer whales. Can't wait for the next blog. Does it sound like I am living my life through youse guys these past 13 days? I think I am. I am telling everyone in the compound about my trip, I mean your trip. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly made me LOL! I'm glad you are enjoying them. Bev told me that she even used my blog with her classroom on the day I talked and showed pictures on Lewis & Clark & the Oregon Trail. She thanked me for the lesson plan...glad to help a fellow teacher Bev :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers